Hi! On your "statistics"-page it shows: "0 pages that are probably legitimate content pages". As I know there are some elaborated articles, I would like to know their amount. after all - good work! --220.127.116.11 00:12, 3 October 2006 (UTC)
Main Page name[edit source]
I propose that the Main Page have the name "Chefi pagine". Nov ialiste 17:04, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- I agree - BRG 17:30, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
Excuse my English, but I'm just saying congratulations on becoming a full-blown Wikipedia. Good luck! I am User: Cameron Nedland on the English Wikipedia.
Pardona me espanyol, pero estoy diciendo buen trabajo para ser un Wikipedia completa. Buena suerte! Soy User:Elcidcampeador en la Wikipedia espanyol.
- Thanks. Novial is very easy for speakers of Romance languages. Maybe you could learn some and join our wikipedia? Nov ialiste 21:04, 4 October 2006 (UTC)
- Hmmm...Okay. Your pretty nice about this. Novial doesn't have a direct object marker, does it? That is a major turn off for Esperanto. Best Regards, Cameron Nedland
- No, there is no compulsory marker of the direct object. There is indeed an optional one which as far as anyone knows has never been used! The system works very nicely indeed: the relative pronoun needs no accusative marker (unlike Ido) because the word order rules are in fact more flexible than SVO. SVO is the common order but OSV is quite possible and serves for the relative pronoun:
- Regarda li libre kel me plasad sur li planche! Look at the book which I placed on the floor! (The accusative could have been marked as "kelem" but is unnecesary.)
- Adjectival agreement with nouns is absent which helps English speakers and some others. Novial has surprisingly many pleasing features. The author was a notable linguist and experienced in the problems of constructed languages.
- You can start learning Novial from the Novial wikibook  and the definitive reference works "An International Language" (1928) and "Novial Lexike" (1930) (a Novial English, French, German dictionary) are linked on the front page of this Wikipedia (scroll down to "Instruktiones"). An International Language is an excellent read if you are interested in the problems of AIL design. The first section is a critical summary of the main previous AILs and part two describes Novial in detail. Salutos, Nov ialiste 21:05, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
- Very interesting, I recognize about 80% of the words on site, and I love the lack of inflections. This is pretty damn cool! Cameron Nedland
- With English and Spanish as background that's no surprise. I found from your user page at the English Wikipedia that you are interested in linguistics generally. I recommend you take a look at "An International Language" even if only for academic interest. Jespersen provides lots of explanation and consideration of different possibilities and conflicting demands. I find the clear distinction between the passives of becoming and of being especially neat. Nov ialiste 01:36, 7 October 2006 (UTC)
- I've checked it out and I find it very interesting. I am trying to teach myself Novial from the wikibooks. Cameron Nedland
Spanish wellcome[edit source]
You are missing a ¡ at the beginning of the sentence: ¡Bienvenidos a Wikipedia en idioma novial! Cheers, --Ecelan 09:13, 16 desembre 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks. Fixed it. Nov ialiste 01:58, 17 desembre 2006 (UTC)
Esqueceram das boas-vindas em Português! Welcome message in portuguese language, please guys of Novial!
- I requested a Portuguese welcome message, probably at the Portuguese Wikipedia Embassy, but never got an answer. Nov ialiste 20:07, 23 januare 2007 (UTC)
How are the order of those welcome message determined? 18.104.22.168 16:21, 22 aprile 2007 (UTC)
- No specific system. Those with an article about Novial in their own language tend to go nearer the top. I try to get a mix of different alphabets and flag colours as you scroll down. 22.214.171.124 17:31, 18 oktobre 2007 (UTC)
Quechua welcome[edit source]
Please guys of novial!, include the "welcome" in Peru's aboriginal language (Quechua):
Novial simi, mamallaqtapura yanapayuq simi, yachaqayta kayllapi atinki.
THANKS! --Wikiperuvian 01:00, 30 septembre 2008 (UTC)
- Done. It's near the top. Thanks for the translation and flag. Nov ialiste 17:50, 30 septembre 2008 (UTC)
Drapeau britannique[edit source]
Si on a mis le drapeau de la Francophonie pour le français, pourquoi ne pas mettre celui du Commonwealth pour l'anglais?
- I'm not aware of any general flag for the English language. When trying the USA flag the stars were not visible and it did not look so good. Of course, the most natural would be the flag of England (St. George's Cross) but that is less internationally familiar than the UK flag. Nov ialiste 16:14, 19 januare 2009 (UTC)
Can you change it to the SVG file? Zscout370 21:14, 19 oktobre 2009 (UTC)
- Done. Nov ialiste 13:07, 1 novembre 2009 (UTC)
Small request[edit source]
Hello! I am a Polish wikipedian and I would like to ask you for your help - writing a new article about former Polish President who won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1983 – Lech Wałęsa. I have looked for his biography in your Wikipedia but without success. Polish Wikipedians will be grateful for your help. Thank you so much in advance! PS you can find the English version of the article here. Best wishes from Poland, Patrol110 15:32, 8 novembre 2009 (UTC)